The Home Energy Assistance Top-up (HEAT) Fund supports Nova Scotians in need with home heating cost during the winter months. For over 20 years, this program has helped keep thousands of individuals and families across Nova Scotia warm during the winter.
You may apply to the HEAT fund if:
- You are a resident of Nova Scotia
- You have an amount owing on your electric bill, or are in need of heat source delivery
- You did not receive HEAT Fund assistance in in the past 24 months
- You live within the following income thresholds:
- $29,000 for single-person households
- $47,703 for 2-4 person households
- $67,937 for households of 5 or more individuals
Documents and personal information needed for the application include:
- Heating source receipt or bill
- Proof of income (including child tax benefits)
- Heating Supplier name and account number
The HEAT Fund is open from January 15th and will continue until funds are depleted. Approved applicants will receive assistance one time only up to a maximum of $400 depending on the amount required.
For more information call 902-422-3435 or email email@example.com