The province provides funding to facilities. Community-run rinks and other recreation facilities can access funds to help with capital costs. Please read the following for the upcoming deadlines and information on program eligibility for the Rink Revitalization Program and the Community Recreation Capital Grant.
Rink Revitalization Program: Deadline November 15, 2021 assists community groups, municipalities and not-for-profit organizations that operate rinks to invest in the revitalization or upgrading of capital infrastructure to support the sustainability of the facility. Rinks include curling clubs and arenas as well as outdoor rinks of a permanent nature, and must be open to all members of the public at reasonable times and at a reasonable rate.
- Public organizations incorporated as a “not-for-profit” entity or other organizations deemed equivalent by the Province.
- Municipalities (incorporated communities) and Mi’kmaq Band Councils.
- Post-secondary institutions whose rinks are available for community use.
Community Recreation Capital Grant: Open until December 22 or until funds are fully committed. Assists in the development of small scale indoor and outdoor capital recreation projects, less than $25,000. The Community Recreation Capital Grant program funding must be used for:
- Public, community recreation purposes.
- Items of a permanent, non-consumable, capital nature.
- Projects where the need for financial assistance is demonstrated.
Organizations that qualify can apply now to meet the upcoming deadlines. If you need assistance, please contact my office.
More information here.