I have partnered with the Lung Association of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island to offer a short-term digital radon detector for loan through the MLA Radon Detector Loan Program!
Why is radon testing important?
Radon is an odourless, colourless, tasteless gas caused by the breakdown of uranium in the soil, rock, and water. Radon can build up in homes and buildings undetected. Radon gas can enter a home through cracks in floors, walls and foundations, spaces around pipes, unfinished floors – anywhere a home contacts the soil. When radon gas escapes from the ground into the outdoor air it is not a problem as the outdoor air dilutes the radon concentrations. But radon enters a home or building the amount of radon that builds up in closed spaces and can be harmful to you and your family’s lung health.
Long-term exposure to high levels of radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer and the leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers. The only way to know if there are high radon levels in your home is to test for it. Which is why I have partnered with the Lung Association of Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Island to offer the MLA Radon Detector Loan Program through our office.
This partnership is providing community access to a short-term digital radon detector for 6-weeks to provide residents in our community the opportunity to get a snapshot of potential radon levels in their homes. Borrowers will also get access to education materials on radon gas.
Interested in learning more about potential radon levels in your home? Call (902)407-3777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org our office if you’re interested in accessing a short-term digital radon detector.
If you want to learn more about radon and the importance of long-term radon testing Click HERE (link: https://ns.lung.ca/our-programs/radon-awareness-program)