Iain Rankin is moving quickly to transition into his new leadership role as premier.
A six-member transition team, with broad experience in the private and public sectors, will begin working with civil service leaders in the period leading to swearing-in the new cabinet. Their first meeting is today, Feb. 9.
“I am ready to dig in, and I appreciate the efforts senior officials have already begun to make this a seamless transition. I am also thankful for the six capable Nova Scotians who have agreed to lead this important transition work,” said Mr. Rankin. “This is an incredible province, with great people, resilience and talent, and I’m looking forward to getting down to work to move us all forward.”
The transition team members are:
- Diana Whalen, transition team chair, former MLA and provincial minister of several cabinet portfolios
- Don Bureaux, president and CEO of NSCC
- David Cameron, lawyer at Burchells LLP
- Frances Martin, retired deputy minister
- Brandon Rolle, managing lawyer, Nova Scotia Legal Aid
- Dale Palmeter, campaign advisor and ex-officio member of the transition team
A date to swear-in the new cabinet will be announced shortly.