Over the past three years the Province has been making various data sets available to the public. In celebration of turning three, new data sets have been added along with a new function called Perspectives.
Providing previously unavailable—or hard to access—data encourages research and innovation. Anyone can use this significant resource to create, innovate, and grow our province. Since its launch in 2016, the portal has had more than 849,000 page-views and 55,000 downloads.
The new Perspectives feature adds narrative, images and videos, along with portal datasets and visuals, to improve understanding and inspire innovative uses for the data.
Among the new datasets made available, you’ll find:
- details on Innovacorp’s Acceleration Program awards for startups
- school-based immunization data
- surface water quality monitoring data
- additional public opinion research
These new datasets will bring the total number of datasets on the portal to more than 540. As well, several new charts and maps have been added to the portal.
Perspectives included this quarter are:
- Citizen’s Guide to Open Data
- Innovating with Open Data
- Understanding Complex Data: Ambient Air Quality
- Informing with Open Data: Ticks and Lyme Disease