From the Bedford/Sackville Community Health Team:
Hello everyone and happy September! Even when you are no longer in school, September still feels like a time of new beginnings. It is a great time for you and the people you work with think about yourselves and what you can do to manage your health. Your Bedford/Sackville Health Team is offering several wonderful FREE programs in September to support you in making healthy changes. See below. To register for a program, call 902-460-4560 (option 1) or register online at https://cht.cdha.nshealth.ca/selectCourse.aspx?unitId=CHBS,CHBC Registration is required for all programs. For a full list of programs, see attached flyer. There is also a poster with our September programs attached to this email.
Be Good to Your Gut
Did you know that good health starts in your gut? A healthy gut is at the core of overall wellness. Learn how your digestive system work, the role of your guy bacteria and how to feed your gut for good health.
- Monday September 17 from 1:30-3:30pm at Bedford Hammonds Plains Community Center
Don’t Hibernate. Participate!
Does your physical activity routine tend to “cool off” with the temperatures? Join the Community Health Team to learn strategies to keep you exercising safely into the colder months. Please note there is no physical activity in this session
- Tuesday September 18 from 9:30-11:30am at St. John’s Anglican Church, Bedford
Your Weight Your Way – 12 Week Program
This program is for people who are trying to achieve or maintain a healthy weight. Under the guidance of health care professionals, you will take part in a group-based program that aims to help you make permanent lifestyle changes. You will learn about how nutrition, physical activity, your emotions, behaviours and the environment affect your health. Call for more information.
- Thursdays September 20 – December 5 from 10:00am-noon at CHT Bedford Place Mall
Community Health Team Drop-in
For people who would like extra support with their goals to achieve better health.
- Friday, September 21st from 8:30 to 10:00 a.m. at CHT Bedford Place Mall
Fat, Sugar, Salt
Are you confused by the many different things you hear about fat, sugar and salt? You’re not alone! Come and learn the real science on these hot nutrition topics
- Monday September 24th from 1:30-3:30pm at Memory Lane Family Place, Lower Sackville
First Things First: Time Management
Do you feel like there are not enough hours in your day? Learn tips and tools to achieve a better life balance.
- Tuesday, September 25th from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. at St. John’s Anglican Church, Bedford
Craving Change, 4 Week Program
Discover why you eat the way you do and find out some tricks to change your thinking and eating.
- Tuesdays, September 25th to October 16th from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m at CHT Bedford Place Mall
Incredible Years 12 Week Parenting Program
This program focuses on improving your child’s social and emotional skills and reducing behaviour problems. It is for parents of children who are 6-12 years old.
- Tuesdays September 25- December 11 from 6:00-8:00pm at Sackville Boys and Girls Club, Lower Sackville (Childcare available)
How to Speak Assertively, 4 Week Program
You will learn how to say your opinions, needs, and feelings in an open, honest and direct way by participating in group activities, discussion, role plays, and practicing at home.
- Thursdays, September 27th to October 18th from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at CHT Bedford Place Mall