We’ll be celebrating Canada Parks Day at Provincial Parks across the province on Saturday!
“Parks Day is the perfect occasion for everyone to enjoy our natural environment and to see what our provincial parks have to offer,” said Natural Resources Minister Margaret Miller. “I encourage Nova Scotians to discover our treasured spaces and spend time with family and friends.”
Canada’s Parks Day events include:
- make and fly a kite, Blomidon Provincial Park, Kings Co., 10:30 a.m. to noon
- annual barbecue, Five Islands Provincial Park, Colchester Co., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- sandcastle competition and beach fun, Rissers Beach Provincial Park, Lunenburg Co., 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- canoeing basics at Dollar Lake Provincial Park, Halifax Regional Municipality, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- barbecue, live entertainment, face painting, crafts, nest box building, Shubenacadie Provincial Wildlife Park, Colchester Co., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- scavenger hunt and barbecue, Ellenwood Lake Provincial Park, Yarmouth Co., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Canada’s Parks Day is celebrated on the third Saturday of July each year. A complete list of Canada’s Parks Day events happening in Nova Scotia’s provincial parks is online at the Nova Scotia Provincial Parks website.